Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Outfit of the Day - Stripes and Plaid

I can't stop mixing patterns.  Stripes and polka dots.  Polka dots and leopard print.  Plaid and polka dots.  And now stripes and plaid.  I clearly need to get some florals in on the action too.  I wasn't too sure about this outfit at first, so I did what I also do and search Pinterest for what I want to do.  A couple of searches for "Plaid and stripes" and "Navy and black" confirmed that I'm not entirely crazy, or at least that other people are equally as crazy as I am.






At first I tried buttoning up the plaid top a little way, but then it felt more like "Oops, I accidentally wore a striped tank under a plaid shirt, so nobody notice please" instead of "Hey, check out the stripes and plaid!  I want all the patterns!"

Also, I got these shoes and they're my new favourite things ever.  I can never take decent pictures of my own shoes, but you can check them out here.  Just simple black desert boot wedges, but they go with everything!  I know that's a dumb cliche thing to say, but it's true.  I'm loving having them for dresses and skirts and jeans.  They're super comfortable, but dressy at the same time.  Plus I had a $10 off coupon for Maurices, so they were a steal!





Plaid shirt - Zellers (it's super old, clearly)
Tank - Old Navy
Skirt - Maurices
Tights - Joe Fresh
Shoes - Maurices

No comments: