Monday, 13 October 2014

Treats of the Week - Turkey and Other Adventures

I hope everyone had a great long weekend - I actually managed to remember that today was Monday!  It was a really long week last week, but even with a lot of work and rough nights I managed to have lots of treats as well!


  • An impromptu dinner at Earl's after a very long day at work was made all the better by their cute menus!


  • I've been watching Louie like crazy on American Netflix.  Louis CK is a god among men.  I can't get enough of the show - I've been going to bed earlier just so I can watch at least four episodes before calling it quits for the evening.
  • I've gotten into the habit of drinking chai at bedtime.  I understand it has caffeine, but it's a pretty small amount so it doesn't bother me.  Goes perfectly with Louie when I'm snuggled into bed!
  • I finally got around to requesting a new swipe card for work.  The one on the left is the old one, so I was pretty due for an update.  It's the little things.


  • The big news of the week was my trip to Adventure Rooms.  It's basically a real-life version of a locked room video game.  They put you in a room and you have 60 minutes to complete a series of puzzles and located different codes in order to escape.  It was ridiculously nerdy and fun, and I loved it.  We only managed to get about 70% of the way through the room in the allotted time (damn overthinking things!)which is apparently pretty good for a two-person team on a first attempt.  I can't wait to go back and do it again now that I have a better idea of what to expect.  I was intending on doing a full blog post about it, but you have to agree not to spill all the secrets.  
  • I finally go around to fixing my garage door so I'm all set to park in the garage now that the mornings have been a little cooler.
  • One of the justices of the peace at work referred to me as "The A Team" so I've basically decided that everyone should start calling me that all the time.
  • I had a sleepover with these two maniacs last night - it went really well, even if my house did get trashed in the process!



  • I've been loving the retro episodes of SNL that they've been airing before the new episode each week.  It's ridiculous how much good stuff is in those old episodes - King Tut will never get old for me.
  • Early birthday present for me - you're damn right Darth Vader will have a place of honour in my house!


Hope you've all had some adventures this week!


No comments: