Monday, 20 October 2014

Treats of the Week - Nerdiness and More

It's been a super busy week - late nights at work, plans after work, and a packed weekend.  Not that I'm complaining - it was just one of those weeks where things kind of got piled together.  Luckily, this week is much quieter.  Now for the treats from that busy week!

  • I was at Target one evening and overheard a kid with some extreme sticker-shock.  "Whoa, this place is expensive!  $16 for a hat?  That shouldn't be more than $10!"  He was probably 8 years old.  It was hilarious.
  • Three words - Lobster Grilled Cheese.  I love me a fancy grilled cheese.
  • The leaves kind of hit maximum capacity for colour this week - everything seemed so pretty, and now the leaves are really starting to drop.  It made all the driving around much nicer!  The maple in my front yard is still green though - it always holds on forever.
  • I made it out to the good old Forest Kineto Theater to see The Maze Runner with some lovely ladies.  Only at the Kineto can you still see a movie and have a drink and popcorn for $10 total.
  • It was the very first Forest City Comicon yesterday and I am incredibly impressed with the event.  The turnout was amazing, and it seemed super well-organized.  Vivian had a blast cosplaying as Coraline, and people were so sweet to stop her and ask for her picture.  My mom came along with Lucas and his friend Kya.  It was really great to see a Comicon with kids seeing it for the first time - they were amazed at all the characters!  There was only one who scared Vivian - a Death of the Family version of Joker.  Other than that, they did great!  I wish I would have been able to check out some more stuff and see some panels, but such is life when you're trying not to lose a small child in a crowd.

  • Vivian and I happened upon a great deal on Saturday!  She's really into these My Little Pony blind bags, which are usually around $3 or $4 each.  I found a Claire's Accessories that had an older series with bags for sale for $1 each, so I went to buy up a whole bunch of them.  Then the girl working informed me she had a sealed box of them in the back that I could buy at $1 each, and that way I would get a full series of the minifigures.  Sold.  I let Vivian open a bunch, and still managed to hide away a bunch more for her stocking at Christmas.
  • Speaking of Christmas - Vivian and I checked out Hallmark, intending to look at Halloween decorations, but ended up checking out the Christmas ornaments.  Vivian picked out her ornament for 2014 - Godzilla.  Because of course she did.

  • It was Treehouse of Horror last night and I thought it was a great episode!  I loved the Stanley Kubrick story - The Simpsons can still pull off some great gags!
  • I've started watching Torchwood, so slowly but surely I'm becoming a Whovian.
  • My Darth Vader print has found its way into a lovely new frame and onto my wall.  I'm not 100% sure if it's going to stay where it is yet, hence the picture of it not on the wall.


Happy week, everyone!

No comments: