Monday, 27 October 2014

Treats of the Week - Hope You Voted!

I hope everyone got out there today to cast their vote!  I was lucky enough to be able to vote online, so I got mine taken care of last week.  It will be an exciting evening of politics as the results start to roll in!

Here's the treats of the past week!


  • My Aunt Jill has been battling breast cancer, so it was some wonderful news when she texted me this picture this week.  She's finished her radiation treatments, and that's the point when you get to bang a gong at the hospital to signal that you're no longer a cancer patient, but officially a cancer survivor!  Treats don't get much better than that.

  • Pepsi Next is my new favourite thing.  I gave up artificial sweeteners a few months ago (I don't think I ever blogged about it, but I probably should) so it's been a struggle to balance my love of carbonated beverages with being a grown up and realizing that I can't just chug regular pop all day long.  Pepsi Next is sweetened with stevia and natural sugars, so it makes for a good compromise.  It's 100 calories a can, and pop is still a treat for me now, but it's nice to have a case in the fridge in case I want to have one every now and then.
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron has released their first teaser trailer and it's pretty darn nerdarrific.  I love how Disney goes out of their way to remind everyone that they own all the things by using the "I Got No Strings" song from Pinocchio.

  • 'Tis the season for scary movies!  I'm not a big scary movie fan, but Jenn and I hit up the John Carpenter double feature at the Hyland on Friday night - the original Halloween and The Thing!  I had never seen The Thing before, and really enjoyed it, although my ass didn't enjoy those Hyland seats for a double feature.  I also watched Paranormal Activity:  The Marked Ones (by myself in the middle of the day so it was safe) because I have a soft spot for that series.  It wasn't the greatest, to be sure, but I really like the way they weave a continuing plot through all of the movies.
  • Sunday was a beautiful fall day, so my friend Amanda and I loaded up all the kids (her three, and I had Vivian and Lucas with me) and did the whole pumpkin patch extravaganza.  It went surprisingly well for us dragging five kids around!



  • After our pumpkin-fueled trip, we ventured to Toys R Us, because we're masochists apparently.  The clerks in the store were all dressed up for Halloween, and when we ventured into the My Little Pony section, there was a girl working who was dressed up as the Equestria Girl version of Pinkie Pie.  I got all excited and called Vivian over, "Vivian, there's an Equestria Girl here!" and Vivian was pretty impressed.  The girl was excited too, because she said not many people had understood her costume.  Costumes are infinitely better when people know who you are.
  • Sweetie, darling there's an AbFab movie coming out!  I LOVE Absolutely Fabulous - it's so hilarious! I often think to myself "Looking good, feeling great, looking good, feeling great" when I need a little boost!  I just found out that the movie is coming out, but apparently it's been long-rumoured.  I will definitely be there - with drink in hand!


Have a great Halloween, everyone!

No comments: