Monday, 6 October 2014

Treats of the Week - Autumn Adorable

Yes, it's October and everywhere you look there are scarves and leaves and girls in boots and leggings.  It's a magical time of year to be sure.  The schedule around here has gotten much busier with the start of swimming and dance lessons, which means I have had a very whiny little girl on my hands.  Hopefully we all get settled in to the routine soon.

Now the treats!

  • Jenn and I managed to snag a table at The Mascot on their final day for one last cheeseburger and fries.  I had every intention of taking a picture of our last meal, but I got too excited and ate it instead.  I'll miss you, Mascot.
  • I was told that my enthusiasm was infectious while I was waiting in line at the LCBO - part of that might have been because I got carded, which always calls for an enthusiastic reaction.
  • My cousin posted this on Facebook this week, good to see I'm not the only hilarious Hawkins on the interwebs.

  • I went to the Lost Soul Stroll this past weekend.  This made my third outing to the event.  It was much different this year than in past years - much less strolling involved.  We did get to see inside the old Bud Gowan Antiques Store, which was pretty interesting to see.  The good company and coffee spiked with Baileys definitely made it a good evening though.
  • I'm sorry, I have to be a total asshole and mention the smell of fall air.  I just love it, I know it's a cliche but I don't care.
  • In related news, I felt the need to text this picture of myself to Jenn because I thought I looked "Autumn Adorable".  The treat here is more that Jenn is actually willing to put up with things like that than that I was actually looking cute.


  • I finally received the custom onesie I had made for my friend's baby!  I was so frustrated that it didn't come in by the time of her baby shower, but I'm glad it finally got here and looks awesome!

  • I went to see Gone Girl on Sunday with some lovely friends.  The whole plan was to sneak out to see it at a Sunday matinee when it wouldn't be as busy, but apparently everyone had the same idea because the theater was packed.  I had read the book already, so I wasn't stunned by the movie but I enjoyed it.  I can't say it's my favourite Fincher movie, but it's definitely worth seeing and made for a fun afternoon!
  • A Friday evening spent parked on my couch with a pizza and a PVR loaded with shows made for a pretty perfect night.  

Have a treaty week, guys!







No comments: