Thursday, 9 October 2014

Outfit of the Day - All About the Chambray

I've been slacking on posting lately - you can even tell from these pictures that I actually rearranged Vivian's room at some point between these outfits.

Anyway...I picked up a chambray shirt at the end of the summer since they seem to be all over Pinterest and it was on clearance at Target for like $11.  That's how I roll.  It's nothing fancy, but I'm kind of loving how easy it is to adapt to different outfits.  These were just kind of my first attempts with it, so it's nothing fancy, but I can't wait to find some black jeggings (these are my new white whale - it's proving impossible to find some that have the perfect wash and fit) so I can keep mixing it up in the fall.

The first time I wore it I went pretty basic with the black skirt (which desperately needs to be replaced, btw) and my Converse, which are real Converse.  They're just the One Star Converse that you can get at Target.  Lately I've been taking a lot of heat about those shoes.


Option number two worked a little bit better with a belt to help out my poor stretched out skirt and some dressier flats.  Same effect, but slightly different result I suppose.




I have to give it to those Pinterest-types though, they know what they're talking about with those chambray shirts.  They are just so easy to throw on with anything and strike that perfect balance of dressy-casual.

Top - Target
Skirt - Smart Set
Top shoes - Target
Bottom shoes - Target
Belt - Um...Walmart maybe?  So fancy.



No comments: