What happened to September? It's been one of those months where I get a bill and think, "What?! I just paid this, why am I getting it again?" and then I realize that it's like the third week of the month somehow. Time is trucking along and the treats are plentiful, my friends!
- I picked Vivian up from school today and she excitedly told me that she got a Star Wars book from the library and that it was "just so awesome!" It's so nice to see her embracing things that may not be exactly marketed towards her. Nerd in training for sure.
- On Saturday Vivian and I had a little adventure - a trip to the movies to check out My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks and then a trip to the London Police Headquarters for a Doors Open tour. She was pumped for the movie - she's been watching clips and trailers online for months and as soon as she saw the poster at the movies she said, "I just can't believe it's here!"
- My new (amazing) TeeFury shirt finally arrived. The Dude abides.
- Honey Crisp apples are in season! These are more than just apples - they're pure sunshine in apple form.
- I got home late from work one night and just had a "fuck it, we're getting a pizza" kind of evening. So I grabbed us a couple of pizzas, and we both sat at the coffee table, ate our pizza and then just cuddled on the couch together instead of cleaning everything up. It was a much-needed quiet moment in a day of chaos.
- I should have actually posted this last week, but I've gotten some positive feedback at work from a couple of different people. Nothing crazy, but it's always nice to hear that you're doing a good job.
- In the past week I have seen 3 Prowlers and 1 Tesla. I guess everyone is taking the nice cars out for one last ride while the weather is nice? I had to snap a picture of the Tesla through my dirty, dirty windshield while we were stopped at a red. Poor Foxy just doesn't quite live up to something like that.
- These cool fall nights can only mean one thing for me - electric blanket time. I like to sleep on top of my electric blanket in the cool months - the timer on it means that I fall asleep nice and cuddly and toasty, but don't end up sweating all night long. Nothing quite like sleeping with the windows open on a nice, warm blanket.
- Nothing catches my attention quite like limited edition cereal. I could eat a whole box in one sitting. It's sugary perfection.
- Sometimes I just need a fancy burger. Beertown does not disappoint in the fancy burger category - and their homemade condiments just put it over the top.
- Sometimes you just need some Denny's hashbrowns. Even if it's at 5:00 p.m. on a Friday, sometimes you just need them.
Hope you all have a pumpkin-spicy week!