Tuesday, 23 September 2014

October Reading

October is clearly the best month.  Not only is the weather awesome, the trees pretty, Halloween, and my birthday, but this year it also bring a whole whack of new books that I am just super excited to read!  Now, I'm still trying not to buy books as part of my New Years Resolution (and have been doing well except for a gift card that I spent at Chapters, but that didn't count as buying new books because it was with a gift card and not actually buying them.  So there.) BUT I figured I would do a post about all those lovely books just in case any of you were interested in them.  You know, for yourself, or because you are just dying to get me a birthday present.

Yes - two of them are actually coming out on September 30th, but that's close enough to October that it counts.  And also I'm pretty sure that they both had October release dates originally but they got moved up.  Whatevs, it counts.

Not That Kind of Girl - Lena Dunham (September 30, 2014)


Lena Dunham is basically my spirit animal at this point.  Her show Girls is my religion.  I am beyond excited to read her book.

The Book With No Pictures - BJ Novak (September 30, 2014)


I haven't read BJ Novak's first book, "One More Thing" yet, because I'm being cheap and waiting for it to be out in paperback.  BUT what I have seen of it looks hilarious and amazing, just like he is.  His new book is actually a children's book, but I am completely sure that adults will find it equally awesome.

Thug Kitchen (October 6, 2014)


Thug Kitchen never fails to make me laugh and make me hungry, which are basically my two favourite things.  It takes a lot for me to be excited about a cook book, but I definitely want this one.

Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography (October 13, 2014)


Yes, NPH wrote an autobiography.  And yes, it's done in the style of an old school Choose Your Own Adventure book.  It doesn't get much more fun than that.

Beautiful You - Chuck Palahniuk (October 21, 2014)


Chuck Palahniuk is my favourite author, and it was so kind of him to release a new book in time for my birthday.

Yes Please - Amy Poehler (October 28, 2014)


I've been wanting to read more from Amy Poehler since I read her article in the New Yorker called "Take Your Licks".  She's so awesome and hilarious.

A Study of Pose: 1000 Poses by Coco Rocha - October 28, 2014


This one's a little unusual, but I think Coco Rocha is amazing.  And the idea of a book based on her ability to pose like no one else is something I just need to see.  She posted a couple of sneak peeks on her Instagram and it looks pretty incredible.

Did I miss anything?  Let me know if there's anything else exciting coming out in October, because clearly I need more things to read.

No comments: