Friday, 29 August 2014

Very Vivian - Almost time for school

The time has almost come - next Thursday, Vivian starts school!

Even though she'll only be 3 (stupid December birthday) she starts full day kindergarten on Thursday and I couldn't be more excited!  I think she's really ready for the challenge.  We've been talking about it a lot, and drive by her school every day.  Most of the time she seems excited about it, with only occasional instances of "No, I don't want to go to the big school."

Yes, she has a bandaid on her nose.  Don't even ask when it comes to Vivian.

Most importantly - she's got most of her gear ready for school.  She's got a fancy new lunchbox from Grandma, a bunch of new school clothes and a brand new set of Mabel's Labels so she's almost ready to go!  We still have to pick up her new backpack (she's requested a Monster High backpack) and some new indoor shoes (blue sparkly shoes, please) then it's just a matter of picking out her outfit for that first day.  I'm quite sure that I won't have any input on that decision though since Vivian kind of takes the reigns in the fashion department these days.  And most exciting is the fact that I won't be needing to pack any PullUps in her backpack for school!  Hooray!

I know who her teacher is, and I'm so excited that she's going to be with Vivian.  I can't wait to hear about all the new things she's going to learn and do - and hopefully I can keep up with packing those lunches!

No comments: