I seem to have been hit with the beginnings of a summer cold. Either that or allergies, I don't know. What I do know is I can barely stay awake and my throat is killing me. Everyone seems to be coming down with something right now - I keep hearing about raging migraines, tummy troubles, and colds like mine. So even though it's the Emmy's tonight, I'm planning on crawling into bed basically as soon as I hit Publish on this post. Here are the treats that I can pull out of my foggy brain.
- I've been catching up on as much TV as I can before the new fall season hits, so I was glad to finally finish The Walking Dead. Of course I offset that by starting to watch Justified and Suits. It's a vicious cycle.
- My lovely Jenn hosted a Catan evening this weekend, and I had a blast even though I lost horribly. Mostly because of all the fine snacks available.
- The Wish Book is now available! We haven't receive our copy yet, but I'm excited to see what Vivian picks out this year!
- It's catch-up month with my equal billing plan for Union Gas, which means I got a bill for -$21. Doesn't get much better than that.
- I saw some kids camped out at a hilly country road on the weekend and couldn't understand what they were doing until after I'd driven by: they had an elaborate set up of lookouts so they could safely skateboard down the hill. Not how I would spend my Saturday, but I appareciated that they were trying to be safe.
- I really enjoy visiting The Beat Goes On, but I do find the staff to be of the ultra cool hipster variety. I always feel like they're judging my choices, but I'm just paranoid like that. So when I stopped in to check out the 40% off sale, I had to laugh when the guy in line ahead of me kept trying to hide a Taylor Swift CD in his stack of choices. The was mocked by the entire store, but more for not owning his choice than for the choice itself.
Blah, I don't even know if this makes any sense. Have a healthy week, peeps.