Thursday, 21 August 2014

Outfit of the Day - Summer Concert

Obviously a summer concert calls for a new dress.  So the day before the Weezer concert I made my way to Maurice's on my lunch break to try and find something to wear.  Priorities.

I wandered around the store for a bit and couldn't find anything I liked.  Dresses were super picked over since they were on sale for 50% off.  When a sales girl asked me if I was looking for anything specific I told her of my dilemma and she grabbed this little number, promising me that it looked way better on that it does on the hanger.  She then handed me a Medium and I laughed.  "No, you can totally wear a medium, trust me." Since the clock was ticking I decided not to argue with her and just tried the dress on.

Girl knew what she was talking about.

Have you ever had the experience of trying something on and then having a complete stranger tell you how nice it looks?  It's basically the best feeling ever.  This dress just kind of hit in all the right ways, and when it was 50% off it would have been stupid not to get it.  


 Of course I had to take a picture in the change room of the dress so I could send it to Jenn.  Because that's what technology is for.

It's one of those high/lo dresses which I didn't think I liked.  I mean, it's a mullet dress.  For whatever reason though, it wasn't as awkward once I had it on.  Or maybe I just didn't care anymore because I liked it so much.

She ended up talking me into adding a denim vest, which also isn't my usual style at all, but I think it's going to be a versatile piece and I'm glad I ended up getting it.  I also added a belt for the concert because I kind of felt like the dress needed a belt.  And beer, of course.


I considered wearing my glasses just because it was Weezer and what better time to wear black rimmed glasses, but the lure of sunglasses won me over.

Dress - Maurices
Vest - Maurices
Belt - WalMart I think?
Wristlet - Target
Sandals - Target

No comments: