Monday, 26 May 2014

Treats of the Week - Sweet Sunshine


Don't you just feel so much better after a few consecutive sunny days?  Good old Vitamin D - I instantly feel healthier.  I'm trying to give up artificial sweetener, so I've been drinking water and lemon like a mofo.  I assume, at least, that most mofos drink a lot of water and lemon.  It's been a sunshiney and lovely week - here are the treats!

  • Batman: The Animated Series has been added to Netflix which makes me very happy.
  • Courtney and I took Vivian and Blair for a quick trip to Rock Glen on Wednesday after swimming lessons - just nice to go for a little wander.

  • I've still been working away on some spring cleaning and purging - this week I did a lot of electronic purging.  It's amazing how good it feels to unsubscribe to mailing lists that you no longer want, purge things on Pinterest, Bloglovin, all of it.  I feel like I have so much more time now that there's less crap to sort through every time I log into something.
  • Mixology ended this week and I have to say I loved that quirky little show.  I'm actually really glad that it only ended up being one season because it works really well as a one-off.  I'm hoping it will be added to Netflix soon, or else I will have to figure out how to download it or something, it would make a great little marathon show.
  • My mom's lilacs are the prettiest - I love how dark and fragrant they are.

  • I took Vivian for a little stroll on the beach at Port Franks yesterday.  It was so nice and quiet down there - driftwood everywhere too if you're into that sort of thing.

  • I managed to stay up somewhat late enough on Friday night to check out the meteor shower.  I headed outside with my blanket at about 1:30 a.m. and saw a couple of shooting stars.  Either that or I was seeing things because I was so cold and tired.  Either way, it was nice.
  • Pizza + Beer + Patio + Good company = a lovely time
  • My mom bought herself a pair of Toms in a size too big for her, so my giant feet happily have a new pair of Toms.  Yay me!

No comments: