Monday, 5 May 2014

Treats of the Week - Dance Recitals and Free Comics

It's been a busy one - and it's finally May!  I went with bare legs today and Vivian was kind enough to point out, "Mommy, your legs are so white!" so that was awesome.


  • It was Vivian's dance recital on the weekend and she did so well!  I was so proud - I get so emotional seeing her on stage!  It's dumb, but I can't help it.

  • I saw a random guy dancing on a street corner.  Just waiting for the light to change so he could cross, dancing away.  
  • I only managed to make one stop at LA Mood, but I'm so glad I got out for a bit of Free Comic Book Day!  Vivian's dance recital kind of made it impossible for me to do more (I walked to Heroes, but was not about to wait in the line)  It was so nice to make it down there and say hi to everyone and scoop up a couple of free books though!

  • After stopping in at Free Comic Book Day, my friend Dan advised me to check out the Ting Comic and Graphic Arts Festival at the ARTS Project downtown.  I'm so glad I did - it was a great show and I loved seeing all the works.  I didn't take any pictures, but The Forest City Fashionista did a nice write up about it.
  • I got my Reliance bill with a $9 credit on it - score!
  • The Simpsons did a special Lego episode last night, and even though I don't watch the show regularly anymore I had to tune in for that one.  It was so adorable and clever!
  • The Strathroy Police officers brought my work a box of snacks to thank us for always being so helpful.  
  • I got my hair done yesterday and it's awesome!  Mom did a nice angled cut and I love it.  It's more work than I'm used to, but I got lots of compliments at work today so it's worth it!  You can kind of see in the picture to the right how short it is in the back.

Have a great week!






No comments: