Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Summer TV 2014

It's that time of year - summer TV is gearing up and I am ready to watch some trashy shows!  Here's what I'll be up to this summer.


  • May 20 - FOX - "I Wanna Marry 'Harry'" - Yes, somehow there is a show where women think they are competing to marry Prince Harry.  Seriously, this is a thing.  

  • May 22 - FOX - "Gang Related" - Terry O'Quinn is back on TV so I will be tuning in.

  • May 22 - NBC - "Last Comic Standing" - One of my favourite reality competition shows has returned this summer for some more laughs.  It won't be the same without Greg Giraldo, but I'm still looking forward to it.
  • May 25 - HBO - "The Normal Heart" - Not really a summer show, but this HBO movie looks incredible.

  • May 27 - SyFy - "The Wil Wheaton Project - I'm not totally sure who will carry this in Canada (I'm assuming Space?) but it should make for a fun" and nerdy time.
  • May 28 - FOX - "So You Think You Can Dance?" - My favourite summer show!
  • May 29 - NBC - "Undateable" - I really like Chris D'Elia so I will be checking this one out for sure.

  • May 30 - NBC - "Crossbones" - John Malkovich is playing Blackbeard the pirate.  Do you really need to know anything else?  I don't.

  • June 1 - AMC - "Halt and Catch Fire" - AMC certainly has a long list of amazing shows in their roster, but there are also a lot of duds.  Here's hoping this tech thriller will deliver.

  • June 2 - ABC - "Mistresses" - I loved this show last summer.  It was just ridiculous and soapy enough that it was perfect for the summer.  Had it premiered in the summer I don't think it would have fared so well, but I love it in the summer.

  • June 6 - Netflix - "Orange is the New Black" - If you haven't watched the first season yet, you've got time to binge before season two is released on June 6th.  I will most likely be up until 4:00 a.m. that night watching as much as I can.
  • June 22 - HBO - "True Blood" - Back for its final season.  The plot may have gotten a little crazy in the last few seasons, but I will continue to tune in as long as Joe Manganiello and Alexander Skarsgard are there.
  • June 25 - CBS - "Big Brother" - One of my many summer guilty pleasures.  I don't know how I ended up getting hooked on this show, but I really look forward to it every summer.
  • June 27 - Disney - "Girl Meets World" - Don't even pretend like you're not excited for this Boy Meets World spinoff.  We are all excited for this.

  • June 29 - HBO - "The Leftovers" - HBO takes on The Rapture.  

  • August 4 - ABC - "Bachelor in Paradise" - After not having my beloved Bachelor Pad last summer, I'm happy to see that they've "retooled" it and it's coming back as Bachelor in Paradise.  Bring on the drama!
  • August 8 - HBO - "The Knick" - Okay, the trailer says that it's Cinemax, but I keep seeing the previews on HBO.  This turn of the century surgical show from Steven Soderbergh looks creepy and awesome.



No comments: