Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Things to wear to Suicide Girls

Welcome to another edition of "Ashlie is crazily overthinking things and needs to just chill out".

I'm going to see the Suicide Girls next week, and I'm really excited.  It just seems like it will be a really fun, different thing to do.  True to form, however, I'm obsessing over what to wear.  What exactly does one wear to a burlesque?  Do you dress up?  Dress down?  Sex it up a bit?  Or does it even matter what you're wearing because no one is going to be looking at you anyway?  So many questions.

I've probably left it too long to actually order any of these things, but I threw together a Polyvore board of the things I have been considering.  In all likelihood, I'll end up just throwing a clothes tantrum the night before and then go out shopping for a new top in a panic.  We'll see.


Things to wear to SG

Things to wear to SG by ashliehawkins featuring a skater dress


Starting top left...

Bow Derek Dress from Hello Holiday - I've been obsessing over this dress for a while, and really just want an excuse to wear it.

Polite as Fuck Tee from Buy me Brunch - I love this shirt, but I'm worried about the oversized, drapey-ness of it.  That style doesn't usually work on me.  Plus it might attract more attention than I actually want.  I thought I would just pair it with a black skirt or jeggings, so that's why those are floating in there.

Good Enough to Eat and Good Enough to Illustrate dresses both from Modcloth - I found the Good Enough to Eat dress first and fell completely in love, but they don't have my size in stock.  Then I found the Good Enough to Illustrate dress and they have larger sizes in stock, but I would have to try a 1X and I haven't really ventured into plus sizes before.  I'm not sure how it would fit, and I'm wary of gambling on the fit when I would probably just end up being frustrated.  They're both so wonderfully tacky though.

Intergalactic Skater Dress and 80's Geo Skater Dress both from Forever21 - Now with Forever21 I'm pretty positive I would be in the plus sizes, seeing as how I can't even cram my foot into a pair of their sandals.  These are both the same dress, just different patterns.  They seem cute, but I've never gotten anything at Forever21 so I don't know if the quality is worth even trying.

There you go, that's all I got.  Send me your suggestions, or come and help me when I'm in the midst of a clothes tantrum next week.  At least my hair will look good.


No comments: