Wednesday, 9 April 2014

My New Old Things

 I've been having some good luck with thrifting lately, so I put together a post to show off my finds!

First up, I got this little bowl for like 69 cents.  It's not real Pyrex, but it's pretty and handy for holding elastics and stuff at my desk.


I finally made it over to see Marty at Modern Hipster Antiques as he was closing up his London shop to make way for new opportunities.  You can check out his Facebook page here for more news on what he's got coming up.  I got these amazing vintage Canadian tabloids and I'm obsessed with them.  They were $10 each.  They're just so awesome, I would love to have them framed to decorate my not-yet-existent-bar.



I got a couple of little things for that wall o' Canadiana that I keep dreaming about.  I found these next few things at the Brydges Street Antique Mall.

First up is an old LCBO price list.  I love the picture of the old LCBO on the cover, and it's pretty cool to see the old prices  Going price for 12 cans of beer in 1968?  $2.80.  No wonder everyone was drunk back then.  It cost me $5 for the booklet.



I also grabbed this old Wink ad for $5, again decorating my non-existent bar.


And I got these two old postcards of a street in Quebec City and the Royal York Hotel.  I think it was $5 for both of them.  


I was also glad to find these funny prints still at the Brydges Street Market.  I just had to get them, for the Q-Tip picture alone.  It was $10 for the pair of them.  The mouse isn't nearly as funny, but they go together and I can't wait to hang them up in my bathroom.


I found a bunch of great travel tray things at Talize one day.  I thought I should get the Atlantic City one to go with the Vegas one I already have.  Apparently I collect these now.  It was 99 cents, so it was worth the risk.


I was super excited to find this tray with the Canadian coats of arms on it - perfect for that wall of Canadiana I keep planning!  I think it was 99 cents too.


I also couldn't leave this Halifax one behind, even though it isn't quite as great as the other two.  I didn't want to leave it and take the other two though, since I feel bad for inanimate objects sometimes.  It was 69 cents too, so it was worth it.


And my prize - the best thing I've bought in a long time.  I got this ballerina print from Marty at Modern Hipster Antiques for $40.  The frame alone is amazing - and I love the picture too.  It's one of those things that I love more and more the longer I look at it - I'm so glad I got it!


I don't have the perfect spot for it yet - Vivian wants me to hang it up in her room, but I want everyone to see it!  It will look perfect over my MCM loveseat, if I ever get around to getting it reupholstered.  


Sigh...so pretty.

No comments: