Monday, 10 March 2014

Treats of the Week - Sunshine!

What a difference a little Vitamin D makes!  We've had a bit of sunshine this week and it's been so nice to just be outside and not freeze!  Bring on the springtime!

  • I had quite the swords and sandals weekend, having gone to see Pompeii and 300: Rise of an Empire.  They were both okay, but not fantastic.  Pompeii had a distinct lack of shirtless Kit Harington scenes.  There were basically two, which is a travesty.  300 was pretty cool in 3D (including 3D boobs!) but beyond that it was pretty bizarre.

  • Rrroll up the Rim to Win has actually been pretty successful so far - I've won three coffees, which is probably better than I've done in any year.
  • Vivian has entered the sleepover stage - she had a sleepover with Blair on Wednesday night (which was awesome, since I was really sick for most of the week) and then had her buddy A (one of the kids who lives with my mom) over on Saturday night.  She did really well with both, and next it's Blair's turn to come to our place!

  • I tried the new Butter Chicken sub at Quiznos and it was pretty darn tasty!  Not quite saucy enough, but still a winner.
  • The finale of True Detective aired last night and I was on the edge of my seat (well, couch) the entire time.  Loved that series - can't wait to do a marathon rewatch!
  • My friend Jenn got me a sweet new coffee mug, just because.  It's awesome, and holds the largest setting of coffee on my Keurig!

  • Getting someone a birthday present that they love.
  • Going for a quick walk on my lunch break - I didn't realize how much I missed it!
  • Getting a hand when you really need it.
  • Lena Dunham's episode of SNL this week was awesome!






No comments: