Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Outfit of the Day - Versatility

I still haven't done much shopping since my surgery in November.  I'm partially blaming it on this never-ending winter for making me so uninspired about wearing anything other than pajamas and slippers.  I did come across this dress a little while ago though, and for a mere $6 I figured it was worth the gamble.



Nothing fancy - just a nice, basic navy dress.  I was excited to try it though, since the neckline is higher than anything I would have worn before the surgery.  Higher necklines just added too much weight to me before, but now that I actually have a regular flat collarbone-type area.  Anyway, I loved how the dress fit, and I liked that it was sleeveless so I could layer something over it in the colder months and then just wear it on its own in the summer.

I've worn it a few different ways already, and it's quickly becoming one of my favourite things to reach for on those mornings when I can't be bothered to put too much effort into things.

Option number one was the first way that I wore it - with a plaid shirt layered over it.  The tights have polka dots on them too, but you can't tell in the picture.


Shirt - Old Navy
Dress - Old Navy
Tights - Joe Fresh
Shoes - Aldo

And for option two I belted it and went with the old reliable cardigan.  Oh cardigans, is there anything you can't do?



Cardigan - Old Navy
Dress - Old Navy
Belt - Wal-Mart
Tights - Joe Fresh
Shoes - Target

And one belted without the cardigan, just for comparison.



I've also worn it with a green cardigan/sparkly gold belt/leopard flats combo - there's nothing this dress won't do!

No comments: