Thursday, 13 February 2014

Winter Thrifting

With all these cold days we've been having I've been heading out to some thrift store on my lunch break on a pretty regular basis.  I figure at least it gets me out of the office for a bit and gives me a chance to warm up my car instead of having it sit in the cold all day.  I haven't brought anything home lately, but I grabbed some pictures to show you guys!



More bowling glasses found at Talize!  I was strong and walked away.


I really liked this cute little $40 bar I found at a Habitat for Humanity ReStore.  It was pretty small though - maybe 4 feet wide?  Cute, but I think I want my eventual bar to be more substantial.


The perfect trunk to be turned into a coffee table.  $50, also at the ReStore.


This little leather-ish chair was pretty cute, and if there was more than one I might have pursued them a little bit more.  This one was up on a shelf, so I couldn't see how much it was, but it was also at the ReStore.


I fell for this hard.  It's framed prints of the Elgin County Courthouse and St. Thomas Town Hall.  I wanted it soooo badly, it would go perfectly with my prints of the Middlesex County Courthouse and London Armoury.  Unfortunately this was $150.  It was very nicely framed, and the prints were signed and numbered so I'm sure it's worth $150.  I just wanted it to be like $15.  


The ReStore had a whole bunch of these old bookcase dealios for $100 each.  They're not exactly the prettiest but I thought they would be awesome to build a home library.  Those flat sections in the middle are ledges to hold like magazines or something, and then they flip up for storage behind there.


This little china cabinet is pretty simple, but I really liked how plain the doors are and that it was a nice, compact size.  It could use a little cleaning up, but it's nice to see something that isn't overly ornate.  I think it was $95, it was also at a ReStore.

I need to do a big thrifting day soon - there's a bunch of places I haven't hit up in a long time and a new place in London (Modern Hipster Antiques) that I've been dying to check out!

No comments: