Monday, 10 February 2014

Treats of the Week - Acts of Kindness in the Cold

Some weeks this post is really hard to write.  Other times it's really easy.  I never really know if it's because sometimes I do a better job of keeping track of all the treats than others, or if it's really that there are some weeks that are that much better.  This past week I seemed to encounter quite a few little acts of kindness that made me smile, and I also did a good job of writing them down before I forgot.  Long story short, I feel like this is a long post.


  • While shovelling all of this stupid snow the other day a gentleman in a tractor stopped to help clear the heavy, deep snow from the end of my driveway.  Much obliged, kind sir.
  • I overheard a young man offer to help an older lady carry her groceries to her car.  For reals, it was so kind.
  • The old man in line ahead of me at Canadian Tire gave me his Canadian Tire money after he made his purchase.  It was only 10 cents, but it was a sweet gesture.
  • Vivian has been asking EVERY SINGLE DAY for an Applejack and Pinkie Pie Equestria Girl.  If your kids aren't into the whole Equestria Girls thing, don't get them started.  After much searching, she was finally gifted the two she was longing for.  She was thrilled!
  • The Sochi Olympics are underway and Canada is already golden.  Go Canada!
  • Potential Big Bang Theory spoiler alert - but Sheldon and Amy's kiss was the cutest thing ever.
  • I stayed in my pajamas until 5:30 p.m. on Saturday.  It was awesome.
  • I went to see The Veterans of SNL with some girls, and had a great time!  I wish that Tim Meadows had had a longer set, but other than that I really enjoyed it.  Rob Schneider was surprisingly political - and was wearing a suit!  It was a really fun night, I hope to keep seeing more stand-up comedy!
  • Waiting until the last possible minute to do my laundry feels strangely decadent.  Like I've been lazy for the longest possible amount of time.
  • I saw The Lego Movie on the weekend and yes, it's true.  Everything is awesome!
  • I got a belated Christmas present and it's the greatest thing ever!  A breakfast sandwich maker.  It seems a little silly, but it's so great.  It cooks your egg and toasts your English muffin all in one handy little device.  Between that and my Keurig I'm practically living like the Jetsons.  It might not look especially appetizing, but it's my new favourite thing.  Come over for breakfast!


No comments: