Thursday, 16 January 2014

Very Vivian - Busy Girl

Tuesdays is dance class
Wednesdays is swimming
Saturdays are skating and another dance class

Vivian might be only 3, but she's becoming one busy girl!  I'm a big believer in kids having a lot of activities - especially a kid like Vivian who needs a lot of stimulation.  Since she doesn't have siblings to play with, having activities to go to gives her more social time and helps to wear her out.  I also love how it makes her more a part of the community.  It can make for some busy nights and quick dinners, but in the end I think it's worth it, especially when Vivian loves it so much.

I worry sometimes about over-scheduling her, but I figure at this point it's more about trying things out and then eventually we'll settle into the top activities when she can give more input on what she wants to spend time doing.  There is so much that I would love for her to try - hockey, horseback riding, rock climbing, music lessons, martial arts...the possibilities are endless and I just can't wait to see what will end up being her passion.


At swimming lessons this week she was so excited that she would barely stand still long enough for me to take a picture.


Yes, she's a busy girl.  But I love watching her grow and learn and be more independent as she acquires new skills.

Soccer registration next week!

No comments: