Monday, 27 January 2014

Treats of the Week - Potatoes fix everything

I had a shitty day today.  The kind of day that started with getting stuck on the babysitter's street and having to shovel myself out and was capped off with a parking ticket.  I know it could be worse, but it was still a helluva day.  Here's what's keeping my sanity on this day of NEVER ENDING WINTER.


  • Putting on my PJs as soon as I get home from work.
  • I saw the movie Her on Friday (another Oscar nominee down - only 3 to go!) and I really enjoyed it.  It's one of those movies that I've been thinking about ever since I saw it, and I keep remembering little nuances that made it such a special movie.  Can't wait to watch it again.
  • I needed some comfort food for dinner, so I made a big pot of mashed potatoes.  Because I'm a grown up and can eat a giant pile of mashed potatoes for dinner if I want.
  • HBO's True Detective has been amazing and creepy in all the best ways.  I am loving it so far!
  • I rarely buy magazines anymore, but I just had to cave and pick up the new issue of Vogue with Lena Dunham on the cover.  Love her, love her, love her.

  • I've been making more of an effort to read lately.  I tend to spend those little pockets of time like when Vivian is in the tub on my phone.  Lately I've been trying to fill them with just sitting and reading and it's been nice to actually make progress on a book!
  • Giant platters of homemade nachos.  Always a good idea.
  • Banana Republic is collaborating with Marimekko for a line this spring and I'm super excited!  Yay for pretty things!



No comments: