Monday, 6 January 2014

Treats of the Week - Brrr!

We've been having quite the winter storm/cold snap around here, which is pretty much the worst.  I hate winter.  It requires so much more effort and ruins your plans!  Blah.


  • Before the storm hit, we did have a really nice day on Sunday.  It was the good kind of winter weather - bright and right around 0 degrees.  Vivian finally got to make her snowman, but then in typical fashion refused to take a picture with him.

That's as close as she would get for a picture.  Happy memories!

  • A stranger at work today complimented me on my dress.
  • I got stuck briefly on my way to drop Vivian off at the daycare, but the old Foxy Focus managed to get out of it!
  • I watched JFK for the first time this past week.  I've been wanting to watch it forever, but had never had the opportunity.  It's now my life's dream to sit on a park bench wearing a fedora and hear Donald Sutherland give a crazy monologue.
  • I also saw The Wolf of Wall Street over the weekend and I loved it.  Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill are like ridiculously, ridiculously good.  Plus, it apparently has the most F-bombs of any movie ever made, so that's pretty impressive.
  • The only good part about all this winter weather is being able to keep a case of beer outside the back door.
  • Homemade soup makes for a good Sunday.
Happy shovelling, everyone!


No comments: