Friday, 10 January 2014

Resolutions for 2014

I try not to make any resolutions that are too difficult, but I wanted to try out a few this year.  I am really hoping that 2014 will be a great year and hopefully the resolutions will just add to it!


  • Get back into food journalling.  I did it for a long time before getting pregnant, and have periodically done it again in the last couple of years but keep falling out of the habit.  For me it's less about restricting my eating, and more about just being aware of what I'm eating.  I'm really bad for mindlessly eating, so having to write it down definitely helps to keep me accountable.
  • To go along with the food journalling, I'm going to try and write down my expenses as well.  I've done this for a month before and it has the same effect.  I don't necessarily try to restrict my spending, but being faced with how much money I spend at Tim Horton's over the course of a month definitely makes me think twice about stopping for that coffee.
  • Nikki Stafford has issued the 2014 Bookshelf Challenge, and I'm going to take it on too.  No new book buying in 2014.  I'm going to work through all of those unread books that are sitting on my bookshelves and on my nightstand.  I will cave on buying new books if I have to for book club, but hopefully I won't have to very much because...
  • ...I'm also going to try and use the library more this year.  I need to go get my London Library card, and I also want to try taking Vivian to the library on a more regular basis.
  • And my ongoing quest, especially after the surgery - only buy clothes that make me feel my absolute best.  I hate having clothes in my closet that are "okay" or that I bought because it was cheap but now I hate wearing it.  I'm okay with having a small wardrobe if it means that I love everything in it and feel confident in everything.
So yeah, nothing too crazy.  I'm excited about the Bookshelf Challenge though - it will make me feel so accomplished!


No comments: