Monday, 9 December 2013

Treats of the Week - Closing in on Christmas

Now that Vivian's birthday is over, Christmas is in full swing around here!  I'll do a post about how Vivian's birthday went at some point this week.  Until then, here are some treats!


  • I've maxed out on my EI and CPP contributions, which means there's been a little extra on my pay cheque lately.  Not a whole lot, but it's nice this time of year.  I like to joke that it's the only bonus I get at Christmas!
  • We put up the tree at my mom's place yesterday, which is always fun.  It was even more fun this year though since there were two little kids (B and A) there who have never had a Christmas tree before.  They are going to lose their little minds on Christmas day, I can't wait!
  • I've gotten a head start on wrapping presents - not much, but it's something!  I've gotten Vivian's stocking all wrapped up.  I always insist on everything being wrapped in a stocking!
  • This week's episode of Scandal was so crazy town bananas I can't even get over it!  My jaw was hanging open before the credits had even finished rolling!
  • Vivian has been in skating lessons and she's doing so well!  Hopefully in a couple of years she'll be on the ice playing hockey, ringette, or doing figure skating!
  • We had the first shrimp ring of the holiday season at my mom's yesterday, and now I basically want to have one at every meal.
  • Burger King poutine, especially when it's brought to me so I don't have to leave my couch.

No comments: