Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Before and Afters

Can I just say that this whole surgery thing has resulted in some of the strangest social interactions of my life?  I know people mean the best, but it's so weird right now.  People will see me and if I'm wearing a coat or a hoodie or something I basically feel obligated to pull it back so people can get a good look.  People say, "You look great!" which is awesome, but I know what they really mean is, "Hey your boobs look great!" It's all super nice, don't get me wrong - just also super awkward.  A friend of mine at work said I should just wear tight shirts for the next couple of weeks to just get it over with, which is probably good advice.

I know people are curious, so I threw together a few before and after shots.  I actually took a lot of before shots, but now I've been too lazy to take many afters.  It's been fun seeing how things fit me now.  I actually expected to have to get rid of a lot of clothes, but things just fit me differently now.  They fit me correctly now.  It's amazing to think of how uncomfortable I used to be, and I just took it for granted.  I'm definitely enjoying how things are looking now - although I know that I need to improve my posture.  A lifetime of slouching is a hard habit to break!

Befores are on the top, afters are on the bottom!



That's about 4 pounds of difference there.  You can't really tell in these pictures, but my favourite part is that I actually have a flat area for necklaces now.  Seems weird, but before I basically had cleavage up to my collarbone, which isn't exactly the best for a fun chunky necklace.

I haven't gone out shopping for anything new yet, but I'm anxious to see what I can wear now!

No comments: