Monday, 18 November 2013

Treats of the Weeks - Post-Op

So last week was a write-off.  I kept thinking about writing a quick blog post, but never quite had the energy to get around to it.  No shame in a little time off!  The good news is that I'm feeling much better this week - still sore and tired, but I'll do a whole post about how things went later.

I just wanted to get a post up to thank everybody who has been helping me out.  My family and friends have been amazing, even my Grandma who nearly killed me with kindness.  She means well.  So to everyone who has wished me well/sent me cards/called/texted/commented/liked/visited/brought me food, etc - thank you.  To my closest family and friends who have been taking such good care of both Vivian and I - THANK YOU THANK YOU, I don't know what I would have done without you all.

Other awesome things that I can remember through my Tramacet-filled haze of the last week?


  • Tramacet definitely gets a shout-out.  Even though it made me tired and lightheaded, it was really there for me when I needed it.
  • Also, ginger ale is basically a miracle.  
  • My surgeon and the hospital were really awesome - I was the first surgery of the day, so things moved really quickly.  I had great nurses, and I really can't say enough nice things about my surgeon, Dr. Marignani.  She even came all the way to the hospital just to see me a couple of days after my surgery because I was worried I might have an infection.  She was definitely worth the wait.
  • You guys - I actually bought bras at Walmart.  This is a huge deal for me.  I got 4 for $40.  Just cheap sports bras for now, but you had better believe I've been doing a lot of online browsing at Victoria's Secret!
  • I have already managed to enjoy American Horror Story - both Murder House and Asylum.  Now I have to wait for Coven to come out on DVD since stupid Bell doesn't carry FX.  I'm also currently burning through Orange is the New Black.  So glad to have good TV to watch while I'm camped out on the couch!
  • Vivian did so well being away at Grandma's house for a week - she and L are now extremely close.  They talked on the phone today, which is basically the most adorable thing ever.
  • Vivian has had this weird, stubborn thing about saying "I love you".  Even though I knew she could say those words, she would never say them back to me.  I guess she was just saving them for when they counted, since she finally said it to me on the phone while she was at Grandma's house.
I'm sure there's a lot that I've forgotten, but to be honest my memory hasn't been awesome this week.  I actually locked myself out of my bank account the other day because I forgot my own PIN.  So that's been fun.  The computer also doesn't seem to want me to upload any pictures at the moment, so that's not happening.  I'll post all about how the surgery went and stuff soon though!



No comments: