Thursday, 31 October 2013

Very Vivian - Pumpkins and Mermaids


Cue the obligatory Halloween blog post.

I love carving pumpkins, but I haven't done so for a couple of years now.  We're never here on Halloween since we go to my mom's to trick or treat, so it seems silly to carve a bunch of pumpkins for an empty house.  I still wanted to do something pumpkin-related with Vivian though, so I went for the easy option and got some mini pumpkins and set her to work painting.



 

She thought it was pretty great, and it was definitely an easy way to go about things.  We made up a bunch of different ones - a kitty one, one with her name, some more traditional jack o' lanterns, and some abstract ones.



Holiday parenting requirement - fulfilled.

Then it came time for the trick or treating.  I got her a mermaid costume from Old Navy on sale for $8.  She wasn't really into it at first, so I figured if nothing else it can be a new addition to her dress-up clothes.  Once she realized it was a mermaid costume, she insisted on having Ariel hair.  So Target came to the rescue with an official Ariel wig, which looks lovely on the package, but is actually a tangled mess in real life.


 She was pretty into it.


Blair was a bumblebee and L was Scooby Doo.  They were all SO EXCITED for trick or treating - it really made it fun, even though it was wet and crappy out, which therefore required layering coats under costumes.  We only hit up about 10 houses, but that was plenty for this crew - they have more than enough candy, even after I finish with the pillaging.  


No comments: