Monday, 21 October 2013

Treats of the Week - She's on a horse

Cold weather is making me lazy.  These lists might only be about food soon.
  • My mom and I took the kids to Kusterman's  yesterday for a little fall fun.  It went better than expected - which is to say there were only minor upset with the kids, and everyone seemed to have a great time.  It was one of those places that is a nice size for kids to run around without having to worry about them constantly, although it is also one of those places where I realize how much other parents are generally assholes and their kids are generally jerks.  Vivian got to ride a pony and took it VERY seriously.  And yes, I wish that woman wasn't in the picture, but I didn't want to stand around and take a bunch of pictures like every other parent there.  One pic and moving on!




  • I've been falling asleep to old episodes of How I Met Your Mother lately, which is always delightful.  Even more so when a baby faced Joe Manganiello makes an appearance.
  • I watched Mike Birbiglia's "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend" on Saturday night and was completely blown away.  I watched his "Sleepwalk With Me" a couple months ago and thought it was cute, but this special was brilliant.  It's almost less of a comedy special and more performance art.  He isn't afraid to have silences and unfunny parts, and has this way of weaving a story that makes you forget that he's gone on a giant tangent before pulling it all back together.  It was hilarious and beautiful and heartbreaking.  It's on Netflix, so check it out if you are looking for something to watch!
  • Cheese croisants - the unsung hero of Tim Horton's.
  • Late night pizza deliveries - especially when they're unexpected and free!
  • Finding some awesome Christmas deals at Winners
  • Two weeks without any major meltdowns from Vivian!

No comments: