I saw someone do this on Instagram the other day and thought it would make a fun post - so here's all the products it takes for me to get ready in the morning. At least on the mornings that I feel like making something of an effort.
Also - check it out, I actually edited the photo to add those numbers. I'm hella fancy.
- Body lotion - Paris Amour from Bath & Body Works - my favourite scent from there, I usually have the body wash too, but I'm out right now.
- Paris Amour body spray from Bath & Body Works - we're supposed to be a fragrance-free workplace, so during the week I just wear the lotion and a bit of body spray just because I'm one of those people who feels kind of naked without some sort of smelly stuff on.
- Shampoo and conditioner - this is a lie, because I just refill those bottles with whatever gallons of shampoo and conditioner mom has around the shop, so I actually have no idea what kind I use.
- I'm using Dove body wash right now - yay for Costco deals!
- Contact lens solution - I only actually wear my contacts a couple of days a week. Usually only if I'm going to see a movie in 3D or if I want to wear sunglasses.
- Dove deodorant - the only kind I've used for years, I've had some bad allergic reactions to other kinds.
- Cool Water perfume for the weekends - I got it in my stocking last year for Christmas.
- Bronzing beads - also from my Christmas stocking (I don't really adhere to those rules that say you should get rid of makeup after six months or whatever). I'm a pale person, so I find blush looks weird on me unless I want to look really dressed up, so I usually just go with bronzer.
- Toothpaste, obvi.
- Just some shimmery eyeshadows that I wear every day. Also from my stocking last year. Fun fact - I always, always put eye makeup on with my fingers. I can never work the little brushes right. I do have a couple of darker colours for if I'm being fancy, but not for every day.
- Smashbox mascara. I'm not telling you how old it is.
- I've been using BB cream since the spring I think and it's perfect for me. I don't like anything heavy, so this is just enough to even things out and give me a little coverage.
- Okay, here's my deep, dark secret. I haven't actually used face wash in like, a really long time. Like I'm not even sure how long it's been. It's one of those things that I ran out of at some point, so I just used a baby wipe to clean the makeup off my face. Then I never really went back. I don't have perfect skin, but it's clear enough at this point that I seem to be getting away with this. I also don't have a proper moisturizer anymore, I leave that to the BB cream. I should really get a good exfoliating scrub to use once a week or something, maybe that will turn up in my stocking this year.
*Not pictured - my favourite green eyeliner that I've had for a really, really long time that Jenn insists I wear every time we're going out somewhere since wearing eyeliner makes me fancy.
So yeah, I'm not exactly big on products. Once upon a time I was, but gone are the days of dropping massive amounts of money at Smashbox just because.
How many products does it take to get you out the door?