Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Putting The Pretty On

I saw someone do this on Instagram the other day and thought it would make a fun post - so here's all the products it takes for me to get ready in the morning.  At least on the mornings that I feel like making something of an effort.  

Also - check it out, I actually edited the photo to add those numbers.  I'm hella fancy.



  1. Body lotion - Paris Amour from Bath & Body Works - my favourite scent from there, I usually have the body wash too, but I'm out right now.
  2. Paris Amour body spray from Bath & Body Works - we're supposed to be a fragrance-free workplace, so during the week I just wear the lotion and a bit of body spray just because I'm one of those people who feels kind of naked without some sort of smelly stuff on.
  3. Shampoo and conditioner - this is a lie, because I just refill those bottles with whatever gallons of shampoo and conditioner mom has around the shop, so I actually have no idea what kind I use.
  4. I'm using Dove body wash right now - yay for Costco deals!
  5. Contact lens solution - I only actually wear my contacts a couple of days a week.  Usually only if I'm going to see a movie in 3D or if I want to wear sunglasses.
  6. Dove deodorant - the only kind I've used for years, I've had some bad allergic reactions to other kinds.
  7. Cool Water perfume for the weekends - I got it in my stocking last year for Christmas.
  8. Bronzing beads - also from my Christmas stocking (I don't really adhere to those rules that say you should get rid of makeup after six months or whatever).  I'm a pale person, so I find blush looks weird on me unless I want to look really dressed up, so I usually just go with bronzer.
  9. Toothpaste, obvi.
  10. Just some shimmery eyeshadows that I wear every day.  Also from my stocking last year.  Fun fact - I always, always put eye makeup on with my fingers.  I can never work the little brushes right.  I do have a couple of darker colours for if I'm being fancy, but not for every day.
  11. Smashbox mascara.  I'm not telling you how old it is.
  12. I've been using BB cream since the spring I think and it's perfect for me.  I don't like anything heavy, so this is just enough to even things out and give me a little coverage.
  13. Okay, here's my deep, dark secret.  I haven't actually used face wash in like, a really long time.  Like I'm not even sure how long it's been.  It's one of those things that I ran out of at some point, so I just used a baby wipe to clean the makeup off my face.  Then I never really went back.  I don't have perfect skin, but it's clear enough at this point that I seem to be getting away with this.  I also don't have a proper moisturizer anymore, I leave that to the BB cream.  I should really get a good exfoliating scrub to use once a week or something, maybe that will turn up in my stocking this year.
*Not pictured - my favourite green eyeliner that I've had for a really, really long time that Jenn insists I wear every time we're going out somewhere since wearing eyeliner makes me fancy.

So yeah, I'm not exactly big on products.  Once upon a time I was, but gone are the days of dropping massive amounts of money at Smashbox just because.  

How many products does it take to get you out the door?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me my picture would be 5 things. Shampoo, conditioner (pantene) and the conditioner is on vary rare occasions, dove bar soap, dove Deodorant and arm and hammer toothpaste. I wash my face in the shower. Even when I wasn't on mat leave I didn't wear make up to work. Only if I'm going to a fancy party or getting my picture taken do I wear makeup. If I do wear make up, its bronzer (something my neighbour buys online) , mac eye shadow (I've had since my wedding), and este lauder mascara (free because my grandma buys the special with the free samples, had for far too long). I'm not a grown up either. - Sheri