Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Just a typical trip to Starbucks

I think I've mentioned on here before, but when my friend Jenn and I are out and about, we have this weird effect on people.  Something about our banter or just our general friendliness makes people become our new best friends.  We are constantly having strange conversations and encounters with cashiers, waitresses, and now baristas.

So there we were, heading to Target for a post-movie coffee/wander/chat.  Jenn got a Salted Caramel Mocha, and since I had a coupon for a free beverage I got the same thing and the barista talked me into the Venti size.  Because if there was ever a time for a giant, fancy, expensive coffee it's when you have a coupon to make it free.  

So she made our coffees and they just looked so pretty and perfect that Jenn whipped out her phone to take a picture.  I, never missing a chance to find something to blog about, got out my phone too.  I figured if nothing else, it could be a treat of the week.  When the barista heard us talking about Instagramming it, she got out her own phone so she could Instagram us Instagramming the coffee.





You know, as you do.  Completely normal behaviour.

The best part was that Jenn and I didn't even bat and eye at it.  It was just a "Yep, you should definitely take a picture of us taking a picture of coffee.  That is completely normal behaviour."

She even accommodated me when I said she had better be getting those flattering down-angles.


So yeah.  When I say that Jenn and I have strange encounters with people, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about.  Obviously people want to be our friends because we're so funny and smart and cool, and super pretty.

No comments: