Monday, 2 September 2013

Treats of the Week - Unofficial end of summer

Ah Labour Day weekend - the unofficial end of summer.  The kids are heading back to school, and everything starts to settle down for a bit.  I always find that summer has a sense of urgency to it - that you have to make the most of your time before the hot weather ends.  Once you get past Labour Day weekend, things seem to slow down a little bit.  You settle back into a routine and just take things as they come.  Here's my treats from this past week!


  • Qdoba in London not only has awesome burritos, but it also has the first Coca-Cola Freestyle in London.  It's pretty awesome - with just a few touches on the screen you can access over 100 different combinations of pop.  I had a cherry vanilla Coke Zero and it was damn delicious.
  • Netflix sent me a push notification that season 4 of Community had been added.  While I've heard that this season is pretty not-awesome, I appreciate the technology letting me know it's available.
  • Vivian slept in until 11:30 a.m. on a holiday Monday.  And then asked to go to bed at 7:30 p.m.  She didn't sleep through the night, but I'll take a late start to the morning any day.
  • My mom made the tenderest, most amazing roast on the barbeque rotisserie.  It is so unbelievably juicy and moist - there isn't anything like it.  Yay meat.

  • I finally got around to painting the other bank of cabinets in the kitchen.





  • I got a set of kettle bells, because Joe Rogan says that I need kettle bells.  I haven't actually used them yet (because I have M&Ms waiting for me tonight while I watch the James Franco roast) but I have high hopes that they will be more than very effective door stoppers.

.

No comments: