Monday, 16 September 2013

Treats of the Week - The September Issue

It seems to be fall all of a sudden - I'm not complaining!


  • I've been watching a lot of Mr. Show lately, as well as a lot of Newsradio.  So you can imagine my delight when David Cross and Bob Odenkirk both showed up in an episode of Newsradio! 
  • I don't often buy magazines anymore (because, you know, there's the internet) but this week I just couldn't resist the 902 pages of the Vogue September issue!

  • Honey crisp apples are the most delicious freaking apples on the face of the earth and I'm so excited to have some in the fridge.
  • My mom had knee surgery on Thursday and everything went just perfectly.  Of course the best part was her dopey conversations afterwards.  My favourite exchange while we were in the car on the way home?  Mom - "I'm hot."  Me (while turning on the air conditioning) - "Well you know you're wearing a hoodie."  Mom - "No, it's like my breath is hot, but not my body."  
  • I wore tights and boots today!  Fall clothes are by far the best.
  • I finished watching Broadchurch yesterday and holy cow, what a series.  It's only 8 episodes and it's a really great whodunnit.  The acting is just amazing - it's a really powerful portrait of grief.
  • As of right now there are only 2 hours of Breaking Bad left and holy crap, last night was unreal.  I was gasping, covering my eyes, tearing up, feeling nostalgic and terrified all at the same time.  Just an amazing hour of television - I'm actually a little afraid to watch it again.
  • I worked in Stratford for the day last Tuesday, which is always such a nice treat.  The court there is in the most beautiful old building right downtown - such a welcome change from the concrete box that I work in all week.
  • I got to catch up with some people from high school that I haven't seen since, well, high school!




No comments: