Monday, 23 September 2013

Treats of the Week - Fall Fairs

It has been a crazy busy week - and the rest of the fall is looking to be about the same.  Somehow it's practically the end of September - here's what was awesome about the past week!


  • Jenn and I had our trek to Toronto to see Joe Rogan on Thursday, and I really enjoyed the show.  The trip in and of itself was quite the ordeal though - I think it's going to merit it's own blog post.
  • Fall TV is back in full swing!  I spent about 45 minutes on Saturday programming the PVR.  It's quite the delicate balance getting everything in there!  And to go along with it...
  • To make the fall TV season that much better, I decided to rearrange the living room.  I love rearranging furniture and it had been far too long since this room had gotten a change-up!
  • Craig Clevenger's first book "The Contortionist's Handbook" is one of my all-time favourites.  His follow-up, "Dermaphoria" was also great, but not quite the same.  Dermaphoria came out in 2006, and he's finally finished his third book, "Mother Howl".  It'll be some time before we actually see it (apparently he's just finished the manuscript and is currently looking for an agent and a new publisher) but I am super excited about it!
  • This fall weather means many awesome things - including making homemade chili and soup!  I'm so damn domestic.
  • I got an early birthday present from my mom - these awesome new Sorel boots from the Columbia Employee Store!  Yay for deals and presents!

  • It was fall fair weekend, but because of the CRAZY rain we got, we decided to pass on the muddy field that would have been the Forest Fall Fair.  Instead we decided to go to the Parkhill Fall Fair since it took place in a paved parking lot.  It was cold, but the kids had a blast.  

  • And the biggest and most amazing news of the week is the fact that Vivian is OFF THE BOTTLE!  And I didn't even have to do it!  She spent the night at Grandma's house, and the bottle was accidentally left behind at daycare.  So they just rolled with it and she was totally fine!  She hasn't even really asked for it, and when she has mentioned it it's just to say, "My bubba's gone."  She doesn't even drink milk anymore, all she wants is water.  Amazing.  So I figure the next overnight trip to Grandma's house should mean that she'll come back potty trained...




No comments: