Friday, 27 September 2013

Outfit of the Day - The greatest skirt ever

So after I managed to rip my one pair of shorts before the summer was over, I needed something short-like to get me through the last few hot days of the season.  I mostly wear dresses during the week, but it's nice to have something a little more casual for the weekends.

What I ended up finding is the softest, most comfortable freaking skirt in the history of EVER.

It's nothing special - just a jersey cotton skirt from the Gap, but it has the perfect fold-down ruched waistband that gives you just a little bit of control in the below the belly button area.  It's fits loosely enough that it's comfortable to move in, but tightly enough that it doesn't blow like crazy in a strong wind.  It's pretty damn perfect.  The one flaw is that the tag in it is crazy annoying.  Even after cutting it out, the little leftover bits drive me crazy.

But otherwise - perfect skirt.  Awesome on the weekends, awesome for work.  And it's even on clearance!  And I'm being nice enough to share this with you all so you can get some too!  You can find it in stripes and in solids!


I actually found it on a clearance rack in the store originally, but they only had sizes that were too small for me or an XL.  I tried on the XL and it was way too big, so I had to leave it there.  After I got home and obsessed about it for a few days though I ordered it up online in a L and hoped it would fit (I'm often between sizes, which is the most annoying thing ever).  Luckily, the L fits great on me.

T-shirt - Smart Set
Skirt - Gap
Shoes - Converse


No comments: