Monday, 12 August 2013

Treats of the Week - Oo-de-lally!

  • First and foremost - BREAKING BAD is back in a big, bad way.  I don't want to be the one to post any spoilers, but after just the first hour it's definitely proving why it's one of the best written and acted series on TV.
  • Oh no big deal, just found Robin Hood!  I love the Disney Robin Hood - we used to rent it all the time when we were kids (back in the day when we had to rent the VCR along with the movie!) and I totally had a rush on Robin.  He really is a fox.  When I saw it on the shelf at Costco I literally burst out a little, "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!"  Hooray for things being released from the Disney vault - they just released the Sword in the Stone too, another fave of mine.



  • My lovely friend Jenn has returned safe and sound from her grand European adventure.  Since I was charged with checking on her happy home and picking up her mail while she was gone, she managed to find a little bit of space in her very tightly-packed suitcase to bring me back a fun little present from the Palace of Versailles.  She brought me the one souvenir anyone would want from France - a Palace of Versaille Rubik's cube, obviously. 



It's adorable, I love it.  But I will never move it, since I'm terrible at Rubik's cubes.
  • I lucked out and managed to land myself a bunch of yummy leftovers including sandwiches, homemade soup, potato skins and bacon wrapped bits of goodness.  Yay me!
  • Sitting out in the sun on Saturday watching the race boats.
  • I saw Elysium on Friday and while it wasn't as good as District 9, I really enjoyed it.  It was a little bit heavy handed in some places, but I thought it was pretty visually amazing.  And Robo-Damon is pretty damn awesome.
  • Vivian and Blair got some hangout time on Sunday - a trip to go see Turbo and then playing at Grandma's house.  They're really starting to interact together, and it's hilarious.  They had a little bathing suit and cheese party out on the deck where I managed to get this picture-perfect moment where Vivian seems to be disappointed that her cheese isn't brie or something.

 

  • All the back to school sales are on, which is always super exciting.  I cashing in on the sales for arts and crafts supplies for Vivian, and to tuck some away to help Santa when it comes time to fill those stockings.  I can't believe that this time next year I'll be doing back to school shopping for real!

No comments: