- First and foremost - BREAKING BAD is back in a big, bad way. I don't want to be the one to post any spoilers, but after just the first hour it's definitely proving why it's one of the best written and acted series on TV.
- Oh no big deal, just found Robin Hood! I love the Disney Robin Hood - we used to rent it all the time when we were kids (back in the day when we had to rent the VCR along with the movie!) and I totally had a rush on Robin. He really is a fox. When I saw it on the shelf at Costco I literally burst out a little, "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!" Hooray for things being released from the Disney vault - they just released the Sword in the Stone too, another fave of mine.
- My lovely friend Jenn has returned safe and sound from her grand European adventure. Since I was charged with checking on her happy home and picking up her mail while she was gone, she managed to find a little bit of space in her very tightly-packed suitcase to bring me back a fun little present from the Palace of Versailles. She brought me the one souvenir anyone would want from France - a Palace of Versaille Rubik's cube, obviously.
It's adorable, I love it. But I will never move it, since I'm terrible at Rubik's cubes.
- I lucked out and managed to land myself a bunch of yummy leftovers including sandwiches, homemade soup, potato skins and bacon wrapped bits of goodness. Yay me!
- Sitting out in the sun on Saturday watching the race boats.
- I saw Elysium on Friday and while it wasn't as good as District 9, I really enjoyed it. It was a little bit heavy handed in some places, but I thought it was pretty visually amazing. And Robo-Damon is pretty damn awesome.
- Vivian and Blair got some hangout time on Sunday - a trip to go see Turbo and then playing at Grandma's house. They're really starting to interact together, and it's hilarious. They had a little bathing suit and cheese party out on the deck where I managed to get this picture-perfect moment where Vivian seems to be disappointed that her cheese isn't brie or something.
- All the back to school sales are on, which is always super exciting. I cashing in on the sales for arts and crafts supplies for Vivian, and to tuck some away to help Santa when it comes time to fill those stockings. I can't believe that this time next year I'll be doing back to school shopping for real!