Thursday, 8 August 2013

The Tickle Suitcase - a smaller version of the Tickle Trunk

I hate finding something while thrifting and then not using it.  What's the point in finding a treasure, only to have it sit in a closet?  


So this pretty blue suitcase was still sitting in my office closet and I couldn't think of anything to use it for.  I would love to have it be a table, but it's a soft sided suitcase so I couldn't figure out how to make that work.  And I'm sorry, but I'm just not twee enough to just have it sit around as storage for my doilies and antique handkerchiefs or whatever.

So when I realized that Vivian's bin for dress-up clothes was looking like this...


That is one sad little fox.

I thought the suitcase could be a great solution.


This way it's easy to tuck under her bed and easy for her to get into everything.  I like having things placed so that she can get to them and doesn't have to ask for help (well, with some things at least!)  There's the little pocket inside that is great for some of the smaller items and it's easy to just toss everything back in and kick it out of the way when she's done.  And hey, she can even use the suitcase as a part of the dress-up game!

No comments: