Monday, 8 July 2013

Treats of the Week - Happy Birthday to L!

Somehow it's July already, and the way that this month is shaping up, it's going to be August crazy soon!  At least I'm off on vacation next week - can't. freaking. wait.


  • It was L's birthday party yesterday.  We took the kids out to see Despicable Me 2, and then proceeded to pump them full of sugar for the rest of the day.  Vivian and Blair spent the day alternating between dancing nicely, and fighting over everything.  The only way to handle those two girls is for them to have the exact same things at the exact same times.  


They were really good at helping the birthday boy with his presents

  • I scored not one, not two, but THREE awesome dresses all for 60% off!  Now to decide which one to wear to the wedding this weekend...I'll have pictures up tomorrow for your votes!
  • Central air.  The all-star of summer.  Screw being outside - central air rules.
  • The new (final!) season of Dexter has gotten off to an awesome start - I am loving the direction that they're going with it!
  • Having Malibu Rum and Diet Coke with my mom - the only way to truly survive a kid's birthday party.
  • I started reading "Map Head" by Ken Jennings the other day - yes, that Ken Jennings of Jeopardy! fame.  I'm really enjoying it - he's a really clever and funny writer, and it's one of those fun/nerdy books that are right up my alley.
  • I saw The Heat the other night with Jenn and it was actually way funnier than I was expecting - definitely worth seeing if you need a nice cold theater to hide in for a couple of hours.
  • My friends Amanda and Steve had a new baby boy, and I can't wait to meet him!
  • The new pretzel bacon burger at Wendy's is freaking awesome.  So much so that I wish I'd never even tasted it.
  • Finally watching some old episodes of Chappelle's Show.  I'd never seen it before, only heard about the really famous sketches.  While I found it somewhat funny, I think it just felt too dated to me now to really appreciate it.  At least I can say that I've seen some of it though instead of it being a big pot hole in my pop culture knowledge.

No comments: