Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Treats of the Week - Wedding and Vacation

I'm on vacation this week, so my schedule is all over the place.  Hence my regular Monday post going up at the tail end of a Tuesday.


  • I'm at the grocery store pretty much every other day to get more milk for the little Queen Vivian.  Usually I'm just running in for that one thing, and it always seems like the grocery store is packed full of people who seem to be getting enough groceries to survive the apocalypse or something.  So when a very nice person lets me go ahead of them at the checkout, it's basically the greatest thing ever.  
  • I've been watching a lot of Community lately, and it's taken me a long time to get into it.  At first I just didn't get it, then I could get into it a little bit - but only in small doses.  Now I'm at the point where I'm starting to really appreciate it - especially the episodes where Joel McHale is in his underwear.

  • I've started building up my little Christmas present stash for Vivian - hooray for finding good clearance deals!
  • Scene points are about the greatest thing ever.  It seems like everywhere I look lately is a new promotion for points - you can even score 250 points at Chapters right now if you buy a certain book (Divergent or Insurgent, if you're interested.)
  • Kimberly and Dan's wedding went off without a hitch on the weekend, and I think I did a decent enough job of MCing.  It was a beautiful day for a beautiful couple and I wish them all the happiness in the world.  Also, I went with Option 1.  My logic was that since I was MC, there was the chance that someone who doesn't know me would need to track me down, so I figured that it would be easier for someone to say, "She's the girl in the polka dot dress," instead of "She's the girl in black dress" or whatever.



  • My mom and I took the kids to Santa's Village for a little mini-vacay and it was a great time.  We had an awesome resort to stay at for the night and the kids seemed to enjoy themselves at the park (when they weren't screaming, of course).  I'll do up a full blog post too, but here's Vivian about 4 minutes after we left the parking lot to head for home.



No comments: