Monday, 29 July 2013

Treats of the Week - McLOBSTER


  • Oh yeah, this baby was definitely a highlight of my week.  The McLobster is here for a limited time and I am one excited girl.  I have a soft spot for limited edition food.  Clearly I have no impulse control.  If they had this all the time, I would probably never order it.  (For example, I've never ordered the seafood sub from Subway)  But knowing that the McLobster is a mythical sandwich usually not seen outside of the eastern seaboard made want it all the more.  I was literally squealing in the drive-thru when I saw it on the sign.  My mother was thrilled no doubt, especially when I yelled, "I'm so excited!!!" into the ordering speaker.  And yes, I was in the passenger seat at the time.

I won't lie - it's not the greatest lobster roll I've ever had.  It has too much sauce for my taste.  But I enjoy the novelty and it has really nice, big pieces of lobster in there so I'll definitely be grabbing it a few more times before it's gone!
  • I finally started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I know, I'm what like 15 years late on this?  No matter.  Through the magic of Netflix I can finally get caught up.  I hate having pop culture blind spots, and this is one that I've definitely been meaning to fill in for quite some time.
  • I've been having quite the project kick lately - for whatever reason I've just been itching to start painting things and rearrange furniture.  I've nearly finished painting that bedframe for Vivian (and I would have finished it tonight if my stupid spray paint can hadn't clogged) and I can't wait to move on to the next thing!
  • After that disgusting mess of a heat wave we went through we've finally been enjoying some more seasonal (and maybe even slightly below seasonal) temperatures.  All of a sudden it feels like September outside and I have to admit, I kind of love it.  I don't like the heat or the cold.  I'm a much bigger fan of perfectly moderate temperatures.
  • Vivian finally had her appointment with the occupational therapist.  Apparently her file got lost somewhere along the way so that's why it took about six months for that ball to get rolling.  I've definitely seen a lot of her sensory issues decrease as her language skills have increased, but there's still a lot to work on and it was really great to hear some ideas on how to get started.  
  • I've gotten back into listening to podcasts lately.  I go in weird streaks with them, where I'll listen to nothing but podcasts for a few months and then completely switch back to the radio.  I seem to listen to podcasts more in the summer, especially since I seem to have a lot more days where I'm driving to another court to work for the day.  A long drive = podcast time.  I've gotten caught up on Smodcast and Plus One and am now working my way through Fat Man on Batman before getting back into the Joe Rogan Experience.  Speaking of which...
  • Joe Rogan has a new show on SyFy - "Joe Rogan Questions Everything".  I love Joe Rogan, I just find him so entertaining.  His new show has him investigating various paranormal activity with his usual hopeful skeptic demeanour.  Episode one focused on Bigfoot and some of his reactions to these people were just priceless.  I definitely recommend it!

No comments: