Monday, 1 July 2013

Treats of the Week (and long weekend)


Hope everyone has been enjoying their long weekend!


  • Of course, being Canadian is a treat every week!
  • The other night I was putting Vivian to bed and going through our usual routine - hugs, kisses, growling, pretending to gobble her up - you know, the usual.  When I finally broke away from her hugs she said, "You're funny, Mommy!"  And I pretty much melted.  I might have promised her a pony and a trip to Disney, I'm not sure.  Vivian doesn't say "I love you" yet, so this is about as good as it gets.
  • Also on the Vivian front - I've been fighting a summer cold for the long weekend (awesome) and desperately needed some extra sleep.  Luckily for me, Vivian slept in until 10:30 for two days in a row!  Score.
  • I finally started watching Homeland the other day and am sufficiently loving it.  I love a show that keeps you on your toes and throws you for a loop right in the last five minutes to make your brain explode a little bit.  
  • Dexter is back, and the first episode was pretty crazytown.  All bets are off for the final season, it's gonna be good!
  • I managed to pull some weeds in the front garden - now that my day lilies are blooming, I thought that people might enjoy seeing them instead of just having them be ridiculously crowded.  I need to do some serious overhauling with the garden - all this rain has made everything go crazy!
  • I cleaned out my car, after leaving it for an embarrassingly long time.  As in I'm pretty sure it hasn't been vacuumed out since before Vivian was born.  It could still use some pretty major shampooing on the floor mats, but it's a gigantic improvement for now!
  • Cheesy garlic bread - always a treat.
  • Freshly washed sheets - especially when you're sick and feeling crappy and just want to camp out in bed for 12 or 14 hours.
  • Fresh watermelon!  I tried getting one of those smaller watermelons a few weeks ago, and it was garbage.  Tasteless, and all rind.  Just terrible.  I got a normal one this week and have been eating it constantly - nothing says summer quite like watermelon.


No comments: