Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Thrifted - Chip n' Dip and Flowers

I have a thing for vintage chip n' dip bowls.  I just love the thought that was put into them!  So when I saw this beauty hiding on a low shelf at Talize, it was quickly made mine for $5.99.


The paint is in really good condition - you can still see the gold, which is always the first to go.  What's that about nothing gold can stay?  Frost was obviously talking about vintage glassware.


The best part about it is that it matches my turquoise bowl!  Same paint!


I like that I now have three that are the same but different.  The turquoise one doesn't have the dip bowl that hangs on the side, but instead has a matching platter to go underneath.  Then I have this brown one with the dip bowl, but the leaves are different than the other two.



So now I'm perfectly equipped should anyone stop over who wants one bowl of chips with dip, one bowl of chips with guac, and another bowl of chips with salsa.  You're welcome.

I also grabbed this little botanical print.  Does anyone know anything about them?  I actually came across two at the Kilworth yard sales, but they were like $4 each and I thought that was too expensive, but it was a charity yard sale so I didn't want to be an asshole and barter for them.  So instead I grabbed one for $1.99 at Talize.



It's little - like 8x10ish, and it has November marked at the bottom along with a listing of the flowers and "From the collection of Rob Furber Gardiner at Kensington, 1730" at the bottom.  Apparently it's a pretty famous series of prints showing different flowers in bloom.  I don't know what it is about them, but I just like the look of them.  Not really digging the gold frame though, so I might paint it black to get some more contrast.

Anyone have any chip n' dip bowls or Furber prints lurking around?  I feel like these are things that are hiding at everyone's grandparents' house or something


No comments: