Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Outfit of the Day - Wardrobe Malfunction

Welcome to the one and only time that you'll see this skirt in an outfit post.  I'd actually intended on blogging about it some time ago, but I never managed to get super good pictures of it.  I've had a hard time wearing it, even though it's super comfortable.  It's one of those things that really only goes well with a white T-shirt, and I don't find white T-shirts to be my most flattering tops.  Whatever.

Anyway, this morning I tried again to throw this thing on and found that if I wore the skirt up higher than I normally would it seemed to fit much better, like so...


This is how I would typically wear it, lower on my hips which just seems to squish everything in a somewhat odd way.


Little did I realize that I would actually end up needing to wear my skirt higher all day long because of the dreaded WARDROBE MALFUNCTION.

See, let's take a closer look at the back region, shall we?



Notice some weird gathering there below the cheek area?  Here's a closer look...


If you guessed that I went to adjust my skirt and ended up somehow ripping a giant hole into the ass of it and then hid out in my office bathroom with a stapler frantically trying to put it back together again, then you're the winner!

My ass was the loser.

Here's the gaping hole I was dealing with.


Yup.  So that was fun.  Especially since it happened in the courtroom.  Luckily, no one was behind me at the time.  Hiking my skirt up seemed to solve most of the problem, and my skirt managed to cover the rest.  I've never been more happy to be wearing my robe in the courtroom though.

So needless to say, this skirt has been worn for the last time, and I'm now sufficiently paranoid about wearing my other striped pencil skirt from Old Navy.  I'm trying not to take it personally though - it was the skirt's fault, not the fault of my ass.

Thank god for staplers.

Stupid skirt - Old Navy
Top - Smart Set (I should get rid of it, I don't know why I bother with white shirts.  I spilled Scentsy wax all over this and then spattered it with pulled pork grease.  All of that was on the very first time I wore it.  I'm a human disaster.)

No comments: