- Because of all the fuckery of this past week, I was exceptionally grateful that there was beer in the fridge all week.
- When we were at the grocery store the other day the nice deli counter girl gave Vivian a piece of bologna. Vivian didn't care much for it though, so I appreciated the snack while I was shopping.
- On occasion I'm needed at other courts when they have a French day scheduled. These are nice for a few reasons - I get to see how different courts work, I get my name out there, and I get to make a little extra cash on the side. It's even better when I'm in and out of their court in like an hour and a half and get home by 11:00 a.m. to get stuff done at home, like I was on Thursday.
- On Saturday Vivian and I went to Blair and L's (mom's foster son) dance recital. It was amazing - that whole dance school is like a mini-Cirque du Soleil. The kids did a fantastic job and Vivian loved watching them. All night tonight she was saying how she wanted to dance, so I can't wait to get her started in dance classes there. Here's a pic of Blair and L in their tap costumes. L did me a solid by moving his head so his face is blurred in the picture.
- Sunday was Vivian's last class at gymnastics and I was really looking forward to it. Most of the 10 weeks was spent with her crying and wanting to be held and just not seeming to get it. Then of course, in true Vivian form, she totally clicked on the last day. All of a sudden she was listening and doing somersaults and all kinds of things that she had always refused to do. I think part of it was from seeing the dance recital the previous day - like she finally understood what all of this stuff was all about. She got a certificate at the end and was so freaking proud of herself, it was adorable.
- Also on Sunday my mom and I took the kids to see Monsters University at the new theater in Sarnia. The movie was adorable, per usual (Monsters Inc. is definitely one of my all-time favourites) but the best surprise was that the new theater serves soft pretzels! My favourite food, that I only get a couple of times a year, and now I can enjoy it with a movie. Perfection. Vivian did super well watching the movie this time too, which is awesome.
- Sweet, sweet central air. How I love thee.
Anyone else have a week filled with fuckery? Seriously, last week was messed up.