Tuesday, 4 June 2013

As Is, No Returns

Do you ever check the mistints at the hardware store?  I always make a point of checking to see if there's anything worthwhile there - especially since that's usually where the clearance spray paint hangs out.  So the other day at Lowe's I was checking out the mistints when I saw these two sitting there.


Yep, regular $54.97, marked down to $5.00 each.


It's Valspar Duramax Paint + Primer, which I've never used but sounds very fancy.  The problem is that it's semi-gloss.  I'm wondering if that was what made it a mistint - because who needs two gallons of grey semi-gloss paint?

There's a close up of the colour...

So I stood there debating for a little while - did I need both?  What would I do with it?  But it was just such a good deal, I couldn't resist.  The girl at the counter said she'd never even seen a gallon of mistint marked down that far, so it was definitely a good deal.

And since my kitchen cabinets look like this...



I'm thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to slap some paint on them.  I'm not totally sold on having grey cabinets in the kitchen (I don't know how it will look with the green walls, but I've never really been happy with the colour on the walls, so if I didn't like it together I wouldn't be too upset to repaint the walls) but it might be worthwhile to use the good paint to get the cabinets cleaned up and then just go from there.

What do you guys think?  Good score?  Grey cabinets, yes/no?  Got any cans of mistints sitting around your house?

1 comment:

Joan Crawford said...

Grey cabinets work, I see them on the "Property Brothers" all the time... and I watch too much of the W channel.