Monday, 27 May 2013

Treats of the Week

Hope you all had a treat-filled week!

  • Finally getting a new keyboard at work (I've only been waiting for it since March)
  • I've been reading a lot more lately, and if Vivian catches me with a book in my hand she'll turn it to a random page and proudly say, "There you go, Mommy" as though I needed help finding what I was looking for.
  • I took some time the other day and crazy glued all of the shoes and necklaces onto Vivian's Barbies.  Creativity stifled?  Maybe.  But sanity has been saved.
  • A crappy, cold, wet and rainy Thursday meant my usual grass cutting night was postponed and I spent the evening on the couch watching TV instead.  Of course, I still had to cut it on Saturday, but it made for a nice quiet evening.
  • On Friday my friend Jenn and I went out for dinner and movie and it was just one of those perfectly-timed lovely evenings.  We got a booth at the restaurant, our meals were awesome, scored great seats at the movie and thoroughly enjoyed the movie itself (The Great Gatsby). 
  • Arrested Development returns!  I don't want to be one of those people who is all, "Well, I don't want to brag, but I watched it when it was originally on."  But you know, I did.  I loved that show right from the start and following it through multiple hiatuses and schedule changes before its untimely cancellation.  Over the years I've loved loaning the DVDs to people and seeing the cult following form.  There's nothing better than sharing something awesome with people.  And while I haven't made it far into the new episodes, and I actually find them kind of strange (of course, that's to be expected.  It can't be exactly like the old episodes) I still find the whole resurrection of the show to be an amazing, amazing thing.
  • I'm not usually a good napper.  I can't lay down and think "I'm going to take a nap!" that always backfires.  But sometimes just laying on the couch and watching TV magically turns into me dozing off on the couch for an hour or so while Vivian naps and it's such a wonderful surprise!
  • Scoring a side of the road deal after the town-wide yard sales.
  • This video

No comments: