Monday, 13 May 2013

Treats of the Week

Hope you all had a week filled with treats!  Here's my favourites from the past week...
  • My annual Big Mac for McHappy Day.  I go to McDonalds more than I should, but I only get the Big Mac for McHappy Day.  Calories don't count when it's for charity!
  • I watch a lot of TV.  And I love it, don't get me wrong.  But I do love when my shows end for the summer and I don't feel so tied to the TV.  It's nice to know I'll have time for other things, even though they're usually just movies and other TV shows that I need to get caught up on!  (This summer I want to try and finish Rome, finally watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Deadwood)
  • I've been making an effort this week to get the coffee ready to go the night before, so I just have to flip the switch in the mornings.  It's such a little thing, but it really makes me feel like my morning is going much more smoothly.
  • Spending Mother's Day with my mom, sister, and Grandma Millie.
  • I have a pretty standard rule about not buying myself jewellery or perfume, but I caved and bought myself a necklace last week.  My old one that my sister gave me had about had it after my wearing it every day for like a year and a half.  The finish had rubbed off of it, and some of the stones had fallen out.  I had a hard time finding the perfect necklace, but I settled on this little beauty from Victor and Phoebe on Etsy.  I went with the gold one, even though I usually wear silver toned stuff.  I thought the silver might make it look too cheap, and the gold gave it more of the look of a "real" piece of jewellery that I was going for, even though it was only like $15.  It's super tiny and delicate, and it sits right at the base of my throat - I love it!  Maybe it will start a whole new rule for myself about buying jewellery - I'm having a hard time resisting everything on the Kate Spade website.


  • The look of a freshly-cut lawn, and especially the cold beer that follows it.
  • We had beautiful weather for most of last week, so most nights we headed outside as soon as we got home.  Vivian would get in her bathing suit and have a blast playing with the hose and in her water table, while I sat and read.  It was lovely - and hard to believe since I had to cave and turn the furnace back on last night!
  • Getting a hydro bill that was under $100 - and that's hydro/water/sewer!  Woo!

No comments: