Thursday, 4 April 2013

Wrapping paper to the rescue

So remember when I threw that herbs poster up in the kitchen?  But didn't have any proper mat for it?  Well it's been bothering me just enough that I thought I would try my wrapping paper trick again.

First time around I used just some plain pink generic wrapping paper, but the effect was a little too "Barbie's Dream Kitchen" for me.


No harm done though, I just wrapped it again with this wrapping paper I had around.  I've found that Winners has really pretty, fancy wrapping papers for really good prices, so I've been grabbing a couple whenever I see interesting ones.  This one is nice and textured - fancy pants.  The roll was $3.99, which is more than I would spend on regular wrapping paper, but I think it's a good price for fancy stuff that can be used for crafty stuff like this.


Originally I was worried that the pattern would be too busy with all the herb pictures and whatnot, but I think it works well enough.  I'm not totally in love with it, but it was a quick and easy fix that only take a couple of minutes to change again if I want to one day.



Quick and easy updates - always makes me feel productive!

2 comments:

Eleven's Ink said...

That is a really clever trick AND it looks really good. Now I want a herb chart!!!!

Eleven's Ink said...

That is a really clever trick AND it looks really good. Now I want a herb chart!!!!