Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Very Vivian - Science!

Even though Vivian is becoming quite the girly-girl, I feel really strongly about giving her a wide range of toys and activities to choose from.  The princesses can ride in trucks, and Buzz Lightyear can hang out in a pink castle.  Balance, you know?

So today when Vivian wanted to bake, I thought I would do something a little different with her.  Instead of making cookies or banana bread (which I would subsequently eat) I pulled out the old baking soda/vinegar so we could have a little science experiment.

video

She LOVED it.  She just thought it was the greatest thing, and it was so simple.  No muss, no fuss.  In fact, my counter might even be a little extra clean now from her spilling all that baking soda and vinegar on it.  Obviously it's super basic, but hopefully it's one little thing that will maybe help spark her interest in science down the road.

Any other thoughts on toddler-friendly science experiments?

1 comment:

Jill said...

That was awesome! You should try the corn starch and water mixture. It might be a little messier but it feels so cool. I remember you saying that Viv likes feely things so it might be right up her alley.