Monday, 29 April 2013

Treats of the Week

Good things from the past week...
  • I got to go golfing on Saturday!  I used to golf fairly regularly back in the day when I worked at a golf course, but these days it seems to only happen once a year.  It's one of those things that I forget how much I enjoy it until I actually get out there again.  It was a beautiful day (I got a sunburn!), I had some pretty good shots, and I got to spend the day with my mom with no children around - an extremely rare occurrence.
  • BBQ for dinner - When I was pregnant, I completely lost my taste for barbequed meat.  Even now I still have to be in just the right mood for it, and can only eat a little bit at a time.  That being said, there's nothing better than the lack of dishes that comes from firing up the BBQ.
  • I was going to say that so far Vivian has escaped this terrible gastro-bug that seems to be hitting everyone else, but then the chicken pox hit her daycare today (even though everyone's had the vaccine) so I don't know what's in store next.  So far, so good though!
  • Helping out friends - I've had the opportunity to help out some friends this week in the simplest ways possible.  One just by passing along some stuff that was taking up room in the basement, and the other by offering up that extra space for them to store some things.  Neither favour made me go out of my way at all, and it's so nice to be able to lend a hand.
  • A rainy Sunday spent wandering an antique mall.
  • Finally getting caught up on backlogged episodes of Arrow on my PVR (The Following is up next!)
  • The calm after the storm - Vivian has had a rough couple of days (so far I'm blaming the full moon).  There were tantrums and whining and time outs and screaming.  But I'm learning that when Vivian's in tantrum mode, I have to try and control my temper.  If I yell, it just makes it worse.  If I let her freak out for a little bit, then get down to her level and talk quietly to her and ask her why she's mad, she'll start to settle down.  Then I can hug her and snuggle with her and I'll feel all the tension leaver her tiny body.  As hard as it is to see her upset and not knowing how to solve it, it feels so good when it's over and she's calm.
  • Getting pizza delivered.  People bringing me food, it never gets old.
  • Summer movies being released - we're finally getting into those good summer movies!  
  • Finding good bargain books at Chapters.  I've been on a little book-binge lately.
What were the treats of your week?

No comments: